Life with Cancer provides support to anyone affected by cancer—patients and their friends and families. All services and programs, except for massage, are free. We serve these categories:
- Newly Diagnosed
- In Treatment
- Chronic & Advanced Disease
- After Treatment
- End of Life
- Children & Teens
- Young Adults
- Family & Friends
Our free programs and services can help you learn about cancer and manage the emotional challenges you may be experiencing:
- Supportive counseling and consultations on what to expect from cancer and treatment.
- Classes on healthy living, stress management, and more.
- Special guest speakers and conferences.
- Community presentations at businesses, universities, health fairs, and the like.
- Groups to connect you with other patients and families.
Our services include guidance on
- Medical needs: Oncology nurse navigators offer consultations on treatments, side effects, communicating with doctors, and much more.
- Emotional needs: Oncology therapists offer individual and family counseling and lead support groups.
We offer more than 50 programs each month at our welcoming Family Center in Fairfax, VA, and nearby locations in Falls Church, Fair Oaks, Leesburg, and Alexandria/Mt. Vernon. We are open weekdays and weeknights and occasionally on weekends.
Skilled professionals create and give our programs in these areas:
- Expressive Arts
- Life with Cancer en Espanol
- Workshops (variety of topics)
Explore our full program list.
Groups are led by caring, compassionate oncology therapists. They allow you to meet others like you and to give and receive support in a professionally guided group.
See our full list of groups.
“You and the (Life with Cancer) Center lifted me up in ways I can’t describe; ways deeply personal and vital to my outcome. I couldn’t be going into this surgery any better positioned mentally and emotionally. For that a simple “thanks” seems so inadequate.”—Wife of Patient