Tips from Life with Cancer
- Nutrition for Caregivers
- Talking with Children and Teens About a Cancer Diagnosis
- Tips for Caregivers
- American Cancer Society Caregivers and Family: Tells what to expect if you become a caregiver for a person with cancer, and shares tips for taking care of yourself.
- Cancer.NET: Provides a wide range of information such as providing care at home, long-distance caregiving, caregiving at the hospital, exploring new caregiver options, and taking care of yourself.
- CaringBridge: Offers personal, protected websites for every health journey. Inova is a proud sponsor of CaringBridge.
- Lotsa Helping Hands: A caregiving community with a Help Calendar, where you can post requests for support—things like meals for the family, rides to medical appointments, or just stopping by to visit.
- Medicare Caregiver Resource Kit: Shares practical information that highlights the basics of caregiving and understanding Medicare.
- National Cancer Institute: A booklet that provides ways for a friend or family member to take care of themselves while caring for someone with cancer. It gives you communication and self-care tips to focus on your needs while helping your loved one too.
If you are affected by cancer, we invite you to connect with us—whether you're a patient, family member, or friend.
“(Life with Cancer) is a wealth of information, but most importantly, you have a terrific personality for working with people going through this challenging time. I am so much less afraid of the operation than I was before we spoke.”
—Wife of Patient