Upcoming Fundraising Events:
- Spring2ACTion to support Life with Cancer
- The 16th Annual Mantua Raccoon Run
- the 19th Annual Lobster Extravaganza
- 9th Annual Joan Hisaoka "Make a Difference" Gala
Spring2ACTion on April 5, 2017
What if we all gave on one day? Well, on April 5th, we can! Spring2ACTion is a 24-hour online event that provides a simple way to connect donors to the charitable causes they care about most.
Your donation will go towards our $85,000 goal to renovate the current Life with Cancer space at Inova Alexandria Hospital to create a comfortable, welcoming and home-like environment. Most importantly, philanthropy will ensure that patients and families faced with cancer in the Alexandria area will have the resources of Life with Cancer at no cost and close to home. IT'S EASY! To make your donation on April 5th, follow this link, click on the DONATE button, then "Search" for Life with Cancer. Spread the word to family & friends via Twitter@InovaHealth and Facebook!
17th Annual Mantua Raccoon Run
Kick off Mothers Day weekend with family, friends and co-workers on the beautiful tree-lined streets of the Mantua neighborhood in Fairfax, Virginia. The race commemorates the memory of Roberta Romano, beloved wife, teacher, mother and friend. It's sponsored by the Mantua Kids Care Club. One hundred percent of funds raised above cost is donated to Life with Cancer. We hope to see you there!
- When: Saturday, May 13, 2017
- Time: 1 Mile Fun Run starting at 8 AM and our 5K at 8:30am.
- Where: Mantua Elementary School, 9107 Horner Ct, Fairfax, VA 22031
- Register Now
19th Annual Lobster Extravaganza
The Lobster Extravaganza is a unique fundraising event supporting Life with Cancer. The evening takes place under an elegant tent with a program featuring Cocktails, Dors D'oeuvres, Dinner, a Silent and Live Auction and Dancing to a Live Band. Dinner includes, New England Clam Chowder, Fresh Steamed Clams & Mussels, Fresh Maine Lobster or New York Sirloin, Hot Drawn Butter, Fresh Corn on the Cob, Roasted Red Potatoes, Roasted Onions, Rolls & Butter, Blueberry Crumb Cake, Coffee & Tea. Yum!
- When: Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Time: 6:30-?
- Where: At the home of Carolyn and Milt Peterson in Fairfax, Virginia
The Ninth Annual Joan Hisaoka "Make a Difference" Gala
Through Joan Hisaoka's experiences at cancer-related retreats and programs across the country, she learned the immense healing power of emotional, psychological and spiritual support, and sought to extend that support to others. This Gala was created to honor Joan and her dream of assisting those living with cancer. Life with Cancer is honored to be the major beneficiary of this extraordinary event.
- Saturday, September 17, 2016
- 5:30p.m. VIP Reception 6:00 p.m. General Reception
- The Omni Shoreham Washington, D.C.
- Ticket and Sponsorship Information