Hearing that you have melanoma can trigger difficult emotions and questions about what to expect in the future. However, understanding the disease, treatment options, and how to manage physical and emotional challenges can provide a sense of control and enhance well-being.Contact us for personalized help.
Find Support & Information
- Contact us for personalized help and speak with a skilled and caring oncology nurse navigator or oncology therapist who has experience working with individuals with melanoma and their families.
- Attend our Melanoma group to learn from special guest speakers and to meet others facing similar issues. The Melanoma group is facilitated by an experienced oncology nurse navigator and social worker. Caregivers are also welcome to attend. The group often discusses topics like these:
- Disease and treatment updates including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and biological therapies.
- Managing treatment side effects including fatigue and neuropathy.
- Managing lifestyle changes.
- Clinical trials.
- Ideas for communicating with family members, relationship challenges, and how to return to work or school.
- Stress management, including strategies to manage anxious or depressed mood or fears of recurrence.
- Register for programs that can help maintain physical and emotional health. Classes that may be of interest for individuals with melanoma might include nutrition, fitness and yoga to improve or maintain strength and endurance, massage (for a fee), insomnia management, or meditation/guided imagery.
- Consult with one of our therapists or talk to your physician about a referral to see our psychiatrist/psycho-oncologist to assess mood and medication (for a fee).
- For partners and family members, check out our Caregiver Connection group or Tools for Couples, a four week series.
- Melanoma Research Foundation: Educates patients, caregivers and physicians about the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of melanoma. Offers support through an online community, phone buddy, and a helpline and nurse.
- American Melanoma Foundation: Supports research for new treatments in melanoma. Offers education and awareness programs and patient support groups.
We're here to help; contact us.