Treatment for head and neck cancers often involves numerous and very significant physical and emotional challenges. Life with Cancer can help you navigate this difficult path.Looking for answers about head and neck cancer?
We're here to help; contact us.
Find Support & Information
- Contact us for personalized help. Speak with a skilled and caring oncology nurse navigator or oncology therapist who has experience working with individuals living with a head and neck cancer.
- Attend our Head & Neck Cancers group. Connect, support, and learn valuable tips from others touched by this unique set of diagnoses. Discussion topics include the following:
- Managing treatment side effects such as fatigue, pain, nausea, difficulty swallowing, weight loss, and skin changes.
- Staging and procedures.
- Methods of treatment: radiation, surgery, chemotherapy, and clinical trials.
- Food choices and managing a feeding tube.
- Managing stress, anxiety, depression, alterations in body image, and fear of recurrence.
- Returning to a normal life.
- Register for programs that can help maintain physical and emotional health such as these:
- Nutrition classes.
- Yoga and other fitness programs.
- Massage (there is a fee).
- Meditation/guided imagery.
- Look Good Feel Better.
- Caregiver Connection group (for partners and caregivers).
- Tools for Couples, a four-week series.
- Consult with one of our therapists or your physician about getting a referral to see our psychiatrist/psycho-oncologist to assess mood and medication (for a fee).
- National Cancer Institute: Discusses treatment, side effects, clinical trials, rehabilitation, and follow-up for a variety of head and neck cancers.